Log in

Do Your Truck Drivers Need a 1099 or a W-2?

09/15/2020 12:37 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

Apex Capital

So, you have yourself a trucking company. That is awesome. Congratulations! But your work isn’t done, because now you need to find yourself drivers. You could certainly be a one-person operation – owner, president, dispatcher, and driver all in one. But if you choose to have drivers do the hauling, you have more decisions to make.


Do you want an owner-operator, which is also referred to as an independent contractor? Or do you want to hire a company driver? Each has their own legal and taxable classification. Owner-operators, or independent contractors, are 1099 employees, while company drivers are W-2 employees. Confused? Do not worry, we have answers for you right here.


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software